Frequently Asked Questions
You will have a complete Intake, where a Medical Assistant reviews your medical history with you. You will have an observed urine drug screen and a physical exam with a physician. Our Providers will review your medical history, evaluate your situation and develop a plan of care for you.
We’ve made a video series of a typical visit to Elite Pain Management:
This depends upon your diagnosis and progress. Some of our patients will have appointments once per week, every 2 weeks or once per month. Your progress depends upon your individual situation, including your adherence to the plan of care, other health concerns, etc.
Please check your insurance benefits for any co-pays, deductibles and out-of-pocket amounts. We offer a self-pay fee schedule to those without insurance.
- A current, valid government issue photo ID
- Valid and current Insurance
- Current list of medications
- All medications in their original container
- Form of payment for first visit.
Please print, complete and sign the attached form. You may fax it in to us at SGF 417.888.0167 or MYR 843.273.4516 or you may bring the competed form to our clinic.
- Medical record requests are processed on a first come, first served basis. We typically have multiple requests at one time and get them out as expeditiously as possible. Please be patient.
- Be sure to fill out the form completely. Your request could be delayed if you leave out dates, specific records requested, or other details.
- We will contact you when the records are ready to be picked up. Please bring a valid ID with you for verification.
If you have left over prescription pills, it is not safe to store them for future use or to throw them away. The best way to dispose of pills is to take them to a drop off center. Here are drop off locations for Missouri. Here are drop off locations for South Carolina. Or visit our blog on Safe Medication Disposal.